Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 1 cake and 1 cup of frosting (16 servings)
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2½ cup sifted cake flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup grated carrots (5 to 6 small carrots)
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple thoroughly drained
- 12 oz low fat cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 6 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the inside of three 9 inch layer cake pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Line the bottoms with wax paper and set aside.
- Spread walnuts in a pie plate and bake 8 - 10 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Let cool and chop coarsely.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites.
- Add sugar, prune puree and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until blended.
- Stir in carrots, pineapple and the toasted walnuts.
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan on a rack.
- Loosen edges and invert cakes onto racks.
- Peel off paper and let cool completely.
- Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate, spread a scant ½ cup cream cheese frosting over it.
- Top with another cake layer and spread another scant ½ cup frosting.
- Place the third layer on top and spread top and sides with remaining frosting.
Cream frosting Edit
- In a mixing bowl,combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- prune puree: to make prune puree, combine 6 oz (1 cup) pitted prunes with 6 tbsp.
- Hot water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- One cup purée contains 407 calories and 1 gram fat.
- One cup of butter contains 1,600 calories and 182 grams of fat.
- One cup of oil contains 1,944 calories and 218 grams fat.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1/16 recipe): 310 calories, 6 gram protein, 10 gram carbohydrates, 392 milligrams sodium, 34 milligrams cholesterol