Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves: 4
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 90 ml water (3 fl oz)
- Place the quail eggs in cold water and bring to the boil, gently simmer, to avoid cracking for approximately 5 minutes.
- Over-cooking the eggs will form a dark edge around the yolk.
- Immersing the cooked eggs in cold running water until they are cold makes it easier to remove the shells before coating in the batter.
- Toss the eggs in 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the batter together.
- Coat the eggs with the batter.
- Deep fry the eggs in hot oil until golden brown and drain on absorbent paper.
- Gently heat the sauce ingredients in a small pan.
- Serve the eggs accompanied with the sauce.