Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 red snapper filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- pinch of oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Coconut sauce Edit
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 ounces leeks, sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Wash filets with water.
- Crush garlic and oregano into paste.
- Rub fish with the paste, lemon juice and salt.
- Set aside.
- Sauté onion, peppers, tomatoes and leeks with ginger in a little olive oil, over medium heat.
- Stir gently for 5 minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, water and cilantro; add to pan.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Dust filets with flour.
- In a separate pan, pan-fry fish in oil over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, or until light golden color.
- Drain excess oil from frying pan.
- Add sauce to the fillets and simmer together for 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot, cooked white rice and fried yellow plantains.