Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Cook bacon in small skillet over low heat until almost crisp; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Pour bacon drippings into medium saucepan; cook onion in drippings until golden.
- Stir in tomatoes, rice, salt, ground black and red peppers, and 1¾ cups water. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Blend tomato paste in 1 tablespoon water.
- Stir tomato paste and reserved bacon into rice.