Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 6 to 8
- Source: Mrs. Samuel W. Popejoy
- 6 strips bacon
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste (8 oz)
- 1½ to 2 cans water
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 2 to 3 Tbsp sugar
- dash pepper
- 2 cups raw long-grain rice
- 8 Tbsp bacon grease
- Fry bacon; Remove from pan.
- Sauté onions in grease.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt, sugar and pepper. Cook uncovered, slowly about 10 minutes or until mixture measures 2 cups
- Then add it to rice in top section of steamer.
- Add the ½ cup remaining grease.
- Steam for ½ hour, then add crumbled bacon and stir with fork.
- Cook 30 to 45 minutes more.