Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup amaretto
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- In small bowl stir together crushed cookies and chopped almonds.
- Add butter and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into bottom of a greased spring form pan.
- In large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch.
- Beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well each time.
- Add yolk and beat again.
- Stir in whipping cream, amaretto and almond extract then mix well.
- Pour mixture into the crust and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 200 and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and run knife around inside edge of pan.
- Turn oven off then return cake to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and chill for 3 hours or more.
- Puree thawed berries in blender then strain through fine sieve over wide bowl.
- Heat puree with sugar until mixed.
- Remove from heat and add liqueur.
- To serve pool ¼ cup of sauce on each plate.
- Place serving of cheesecake on sauce.