Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup sourdough bread cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded, deribbed and diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, + basil sprigs for garnish
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup shredded fontina cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 10-inch round baking dish.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, add the garlic and bread cubes, and shake the pan until the bread is thoroughly coated and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes; turn out of the pan.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat and saute the onion and peppers until soft, about 5 minutes; let cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs just until blended and mix in the parsley, basil, salt, pepper and sauteed vegetables.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the croutons and cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with basil sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 211 | Fat 15g | Carbs 9g | Sodium 222g | Fiber 1g