Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Herrin Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In large bowl beat eggs, milk and cheese then stir in salt and pepper and set aside.
- In medium skillet over medium high heat melt butter with olive oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until pepper is soft.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs are firm around the edges.
- Lift edges of the eggs with a spatula and tilt pan to let uncooked eggs run under cooked eggs.
- Cook until eggs are almost set on top about 5 minutes more.
- Invert a plate on top of the pan.
- Hold plate and pan firmly together with pot holders and invert.
- Slip the frittata cooked side up back into the pan.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Invert a serving plate over the pan and invert as before.
- Sprinkle with thyme.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Cut into wedges and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.