Cook time: 20 Minutes
This dish is filled with flavor as shrimp and clam juice combine to give you a pasta dish bursting with seafood flavor. Besty sent in her recreation of this wonderful dish from the Red Lobster. This is very easy to make.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and remove tails
- ⅔ cup clam juice or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp each lemon juice and chopped parsley
- ¼ tsp each dried basil leaves and dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 package linguine pasta (8 ounces) cooked and drained
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until garlic is tender.
- Add shrimp in same skillet and cook over medium-low heat until opaque.
- Remove; reserve liquid in pan.
- Add clam juice (I use the chicken broth when I’m out of clam juice); bring to a boil.
- Add wine; cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; add cream, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add shrimp to sauce.
- Heat through.
- Add remaining except linguine.
- Pour over linguine in large bowl; toss gently to coat.
- Serve with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.