Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) pine nuts
- 2 ounces (60 g) low salt and low fat baked ham
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon (o.6 ml) salt (optional)
- 10 ounces (233 g) shredded red cabbage
- 10 ounces (233 g) baby spinach, any tough stem removed
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Finely chop the ham.
- Place in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, and salt (if using).
- Place the cabbage and spinach over the ham in the salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and top with pine nuts.
Nutritional information Edit
- 69 calories (23% calories from fat) | 6g protein | 2g total fat (0.4g saturated fat) | 9g carbohydrates | 3g dietary fiber | 6mg cholesterol | 198mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ carbohydrate (2 vegetable) | ½ fat