Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) pine nuts
- 2 ounces (60 g) low salt and low fat baked ham
- 1½ tablespoons (22.5 ml) balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) Dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon (0.6 ml) sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon (o.6 ml) salt (optional)
- 10 ounces (233 g) shredded red cabbage
- 10 ounces (233 g) baby spinach, any tough stem removed
- Toast the pine nuts and set aside.
- Finely chop the ham.
- Place in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, mustard, garlic, sugar, and salt (if using).
- Place the cabbage and spinach over the ham in the salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and top with pine nuts.
Nutritional information Edit
- 69 calories (23% calories from fat) | 6g protein | 2g total fat (0.4g saturated fat) | 9g carbohydrates | 3g dietary fiber | 6mg cholesterol | 198mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ carbohydrate (2 vegetable) | ½ fat