Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- pinch of salt
- 4 oz / 100 g low-fat vegetarian suet
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- ½ pt / 150 ml milk and water mixed
- Place the frozen summer berries corn flour caster sugar and water together in a large pan and bring the mixture slowly to the boil.
- Simmer for about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to gas 5 / 375°F / 190°C and place a roasting tin half full of water in the oven.
- Grease four 8 fl. oz / 250 ml pudding moulds.
- Sift flour and salt stir in suet and lemon rind , add milk and water mixture and stir to a soft but not sticky dough.
- Divide into four, roll each portion on a lightly floured surface to a circle large enough to line each mould.
- Cut a quarter from each and use three quarter portions to line moulds.
- Divide the fruit between the moulds , dampen the pastry rims with water.
- Roll remaining pieces of dough to make lids and pinch the edges to seal.
- Place moulds in the roasting tin and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn onto individual serving plates dust with icing sugar and serve with custard.