Contributed by Jeff at SF&SC Y-Group
- 1 pound red beans — cooked
- ½ pound ham — diced
- ½ pound hot link sausages — diced
- 3 medium jalapeno chile pepper — diced fine
- 1 medium onion — diced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 bottles amber beer
- ½ cup celery — diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper — diced
- In a crockpot or a heavy 3 quart pan place all the ingredients except the beans to a boil and simmer for an hour or two.
- Add the beans and simmer for another hour or two.
- Mash a few of the beans with a spoon to thicken the liquid.
- Do not use a creole seasoning made with salt.
- The sausage and ham provide salt, and more may be added at the table.
- Add additional peppers if desired.
- Serve with rice.
- A tablespoon of tomato paste may be added near the end of the cooking time.