Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jeff at SF&SC Y-Group
- 1 pound red beans — cooked
- ½ pound ham — diced
- ½ pound hot link sausages — diced
- 3 medium jalapeno chile pepper — diced fine
- 1 medium onion — diced
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 bottles amber beer
- ½ cup celery — diced
- ½ cup red bell pepper — diced
- In a crockpot or a heavy 3 quart pan place all the ingredients except the beans to a boil and simmer for an hour or two.
- Add the beans and simmer for another hour or two.
- Mash a few of the beans with a spoon to thicken the liquid.
- Do not use a creole seasoning made with salt.
- The sausage and ham provide salt, and more may be added at the table.
- Add additional peppers if desired.
- Serve with rice.
- A tablespoon of tomato paste may be added near the end of the cooking time.