Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Serves 4 to 6.
- 1½ lbs (700 g) stew beef cut into 1-inch (3 cm) cubes
- 3 inch (8 cm) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled and flattened with the side of a cleaver or knife, but not chopped
- 3 scallions (spring onions) white and green parts, cut into 2-inch (5 cm) lengths
- ½ cup (125 ml) peanut oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Szechwan peppercorns
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 3 tbs (45 ml) soy sauce
- ½ lb (250 g) Chinese noodles or fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- 2 scallions (spring onions) white and green parts, thinly sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine the beef, ginger, garlic, the 3 scallions, hot pepper flakes, and Szechwan peppercorns.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large, heavy skillet until the surface of the oil shimmers and a few small wisps of smoke appear.
- Add the meat and seasonings and stir fry over maximum heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and soy sauce and continue stir frying for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in enough water to cover the meat; and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook covered for 1½ to 2 hours, until the meat is very tender.
- To serve, place a portion of noodles in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladle the beef on top of the noodles, making sure everyone gets a generous helping of the sauce, and sprinkle with the sliced scallions.