Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 12 baked tart shells
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped
- whole or sliced strawberries, blue berries, raspberries
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- In 2 quart saucepan, mix Sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk until smooth.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring, until mixture boils; boil 1 minute.
- In 1 cup measure with fork, beat eggs slightly, then slowly stir in small amount of the hot sauce.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into sauce, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
- Cook stirring, until thickened (do not boil). Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate.
- When the custard is cold (after about 40 minutes), Stir in vanilla extract then with wire whisk, fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon custard into shells. Top with fruit.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt jelly and water, cool slightly; spoon over fruit and refrigerate until jelly sets.