Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 12 baked tart shells
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy or whipping cream, whipped
- whole or sliced strawberries, blue berries, raspberries
- 1 cup currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon water
- In 2 quart saucepan, mix Sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in milk until smooth.
- Over medium heat, cook, stirring, until mixture boils; boil 1 minute.
- In 1 cup measure with fork, beat eggs slightly, then slowly stir in small amount of the hot sauce.
- Slowly pour egg mixture into sauce, stirring rapidly to prevent lumping.
- Cook stirring, until thickened (do not boil). Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate.
- When the custard is cold (after about 40 minutes), Stir in vanilla extract then with wire whisk, fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon custard into shells. Top with fruit.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt jelly and water, cool slightly; spoon over fruit and refrigerate until jelly sets.