Last night I again made this wonderful roast. This is the BEST EVER roast that you will ever have in my opinion. You can use this for a Pressure Cooker or a Slow Cooker. It is also versatile that you can use a beef or pork roast with it. Works either way and with either meats.
This is a YUMMY YUMMY Roast! You will love it. And you can use the liquid for gravy or broth! Let me know if you try it! Ray
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 3 pound or so roast (beef or pork) last night I used a chuck roast.
- 1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
- water - for a pressure cooker 1 cup water for slow cooker ½ cup water in a slow cooker.
- Please note in a slow cooker you can cut in half the dry ingredients if you find it overpowering. In the pressure cooker use the whole envelopes. I prefer the whole envelopes in either method of cooking. Ok here is what you do.
- Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using.
- Now add and mix all three envelopes of dry salad dressings.
- Mix until blended completely or as best you can.
- Brown the roast (if desired) I love mine browned in the CE 8-qt pressure cooker) add the meat to your cooker pour the water salad dressing mixture over the roast now cook as usual.
- In the CE pressure cooker I cooked it for 70 minutes and used quick release method can and probably should use natural but i am always in a hurry when making this as it smells so good! in the slow cooker cook it on high for about 4 hours on low about 8 hours.