Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Teri's Kitchen Recipes
- Serves 4
- 2½ pounds potatoes, sliced ⅛ to ¼-inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced ⅛ to ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening (more if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 12-inch or larger skillet over high heat.
- Add the shortening and heat, adding more if needed to cover the bottom of the pan well.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the pan, as much in one layer as possible.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Do not stir the potatoes until the bottom is slightly browned or they will stick.
- Turn to other side with spatula.
- Continue to fry until browned, about 5 minutes per side, covering with a lid if needed to cook thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.