Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Teri's Kitchen Recipes
- Serves 4
- 2½ pounds potatoes, sliced ⅛ to ¼-inch thick
- 1 small onion, sliced ⅛ to ¼-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening (more if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a 12-inch or larger skillet over high heat.
- Add the shortening and heat, adding more if needed to cover the bottom of the pan well.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the pan, as much in one layer as possible.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Do not stir the potatoes until the bottom is slightly browned or they will stick.
- Turn to other side with spatula.
- Continue to fry until browned, about 5 minutes per side, covering with a lid if needed to cook thoroughly.
- Serve immediately.