Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 4 Servings.
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ Pound mascarpone cheese or sour cream
- 6 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ pound mixture of domestic and wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 peeled shallot
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 16 fresh pasta sheets, 5 x 5 inches
- 2 peeled Shallots
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 8 tomatoes peeled, seeded and cut
- ¼ cup small basil leaves
- 8 thin slices pancetta or prosciutto (optional)
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 sprigs Italian parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Put the potato and garlic into a pot and cover with water. Simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain and push through a sieve or food mill while still warm.
- Beat in the mascarpone cheese or sour cream.
- Chop shallot finely.
- Melt ¼ cup butter in sauté pan, add shallot and fry several minutes.
- Sauté mushroom until tender and dry.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mushrooms with the potatoes. Add the chopped parsley and thyme. Allow to cool.
- Beat one of the eggs with 1 tablespoon water to form an egg wash.
- Brush the edges of a sheet of pasta with egg wash.
- Place several tablespoons of mushroom mixture into center of pasta. Make a well in the mixture.
- Crack egg into a small cup. Pour yolk and half the white into the well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover with a second sheet of pasta and push out as much air as possible. Set on a flour dusted tea towel while you make the rest of the raviolis.
- Thinly slice 2 shallots.
- Heat the remaining butter in a small pan.
- When the foam subsides, add the shallots, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender.
- Add the hot red pepper flakes, tomatoes and basil and cook 2 minutes.
- Season with salt. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Lay the pancetta slices on a sheet pan and bake until they just begin to brown and crisp. Keep warm.
- Bring 5 quarts water to a boil. Season with salt.
- Slide raviolis into simmering water gently.
- Continue stirring several more minutes, or until done. Raviolis will float when done yolks will remain runny.
- Remove raviolis out with a slotted spoon, or drain in a colander and serve several per person.
- Divide tomatoes as topping for the raviolis and add pancetta or proscuitto slices.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve immediately.