- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 1 sachet or 2 tsp baking powder
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- With the mixer we beat up the eggs with the sugar for about 5-6 minutes until they become a thick substance.
- Then we add one by one the rest of the ingredients and we continue to beat up until we have a smooth - not very thick dough.
- We spread some butter in a baking tray, we put the dough in the baking tray and we put it in the oven for 45 minutes approx.
- (150-175 °C, gas mark 6) until it becomes brown on the top.
- Then, we let it cool down while we prepare the syrup.
- We put the water, the sugar and the cinnamon in a pan and we let them come to the boil.
- We let them boil for about 5 minutes or until the syrup starts thickening.
- We take the pan of the hob and we soak the "ravanija" with the syrup, making sure that it covers the whole sponge.
- We sprinkle some more desiccated coconut on the top and we let it cool down before we serve it.