Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 1 small eggplant, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook onion and garlic in vegetable oil 2 to 3 minutes or until tender crisp in dutch oven.
- Add broth, eggplant, green pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch with water.
- Stir into vegetable mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until clear and thickened.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.