- 1 16-oz. package refrigerated and cooked polenta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1.Prepare polenta according to package directions and set aside.
2.Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté green and red bell pepper, garlic and onions for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3.Stir in eggplant, squash, tomato, bay leaf, and thyme then cover and cook for 5–6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4.Stir in parsley, reduce heat to low and let stand for 1 minute.
5.Cut prepared polenta into rounds or wedges then place 1-2 pieces onto each plate. Spoon ratatouille onto polenta, add salt and pepper to taste, then serve.
- Ratatouille with Polenta from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource