Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 medium Eggplants (2 1/2 lbs.), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup jarred tapenade (black olive paste)
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roasted and cut lengthwise into 3 sections
- 7 oz. soft, mild goat Cheese, sliced thin
- Fresh Herb Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, sliced
- 4 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
1. Preheat broiler. Arrange Eggplant slices in single layer on baking sheets; brush both sides of Eggplant with oil and sprinkle with salt to taste. Broil Eggplant in batches until golden and tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer Eggplant to paper towels to drain.
2. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang. Layer Eggplant, olive paste, bell peppers and Cheese in pan, beginning and ending with Eggplant. Cover with plastic overhang and place 3- to 4-lb. weight (such as another loaf pan filled with canned goods) on top. Chill 24 hours.
4. To serve, remove weight, invert terrine onto cutting board, and discard plastic wrap. Cut terrine into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Pour a little basil sauce onto serving plates, tilting to spread sauce. Arrange terrine slices on sauce.
TIP: To roast peppers, place under broiler, turning every 5 minutes until skins blister and Char, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer peppers to paper bag, close and let steam until cool enough to handle. Use a small sharp knife to peel off charred skin; discard seeds and ribs.