Cook Time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook garlic and onions until tender.
- Cut vegetables into 1-inch pieces.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini, pepper, oregano— parsley and stir well.
- Sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cover and cook over low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cover mixture and refrigerate to serve chilled.