Soup with pickled cucumbers
- 0.7 lbs (320 g) beef (with or without bones)
- 0.5 lbs (200 g) potatoes
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) rice
- 0.7 ounces (20 g) parsley
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) carrots
- 2 small size onions
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) pickled cucumbers
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Preparing meat broth Edit
- Put beef into a large saucepan and cover with 1.2 gallons (4.5 l) cold water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Remove the grease and froth from the broth surface with a spoon.
- Add one onion.
- Cook at low heat for 1 – 2 hours.
- If beef is with bones, filter the broth.
Pan-frying vegetables Edit
- Melt one tablespoon margarine in a frying pan.
- Add chopped onions, carrots and parsley cut into sticks.
- Cover and saute at low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Put chopped pickled cucumbers into a saucepan.
- Add meat broth covering cucumbers.
- Cover with lid and simmer at low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add rice to boiling meat broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes cut into bars and sauteed vegetables.
- Boil for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add simmered pickled cucumbers and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Salt can be added by taste.
- Served with sour cream.