Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soup with pickled cucumbers
- 0.7 lbs (320 g) beef (with or without bones)
- 0.5 lbs (200 g) potatoes
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) rice
- 0.7 ounces (20 g) parsley
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) carrots
- 2 small size onions
- 0.1 lbs (50 g) pickled cucumbers
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
Preparing meat broth Edit
- Put beef into a large saucepan and cover with 1.2 gallons (4.5 l) cold water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Remove the grease and froth from the broth surface with a spoon.
- Add one onion.
- Cook at low heat for 1 – 2 hours.
- If beef is with bones, filter the broth.
Pan-frying vegetables Edit
- Melt one tablespoon margarine in a frying pan.
- Add chopped onions, carrots and parsley cut into sticks.
- Cover and saute at low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Put chopped pickled cucumbers into a saucepan.
- Add meat broth covering cucumbers.
- Cover with lid and simmer at low heat for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add rice to boiling meat broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes cut into bars and sauteed vegetables.
- Boil for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add simmered pickled cucumbers and boil for another 5 minutes.
- Salt can be added by taste.
- Served with sour cream.