Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Turner Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 24 almond macaroons
- ¾ cup sherry wine
- 6 egg yolks beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- whipped cream
- blanched almonds
- Dip macaroons in wine and place in a flat serving dish.
- Beat eggs 5 minutes in electric mixer then add sugar and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Add sherry and salt then place in double boiler and cook until it thickens stirring constantly.
- Pour this mixture over the macaroons and allow to cool.
- Just before serving cover with fruit.
- Garnish with whipped cream and blanched almonds.