Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream, whipped
- vanilla sauce
- 1 cup fresh raspberries for garnish
- vanilla Sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, scalded
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine rice, Sugar and milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy (about 12 to 15 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Fold in whipped cream. Serve in dessert glasses.
- Top with vanilla Sauce; garnish with raspberries.
- Vanilla Sauce: Beat egg yolks with Sugar in large bowl until light; slowly whisk in milk.
- Transfer mixture to top of double boiler.
- Cook over hot water (over medium heat), stirring frequently, until thick, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in liqueur and vanilla. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Chill until ready to serve.