Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ⅓ cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- sliced almonds for garnish (optional)
- Combine rice, sugar and milk in 2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy (about 12 to 15 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Fold in almonds and whipped cream.
- Alternate rice pudding and raspberries in parfait glasses or dessert dishes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.