Raspberry curd will keep up to 10 days in the refrigerator. Makes about 1 pint. Sweet and Tasty.
- If the berries are not sweet enough, purée the raspberries, combine them with the lemon juice and sugar, if needed.
- Place in saucepan, simmer about 5 minutes, and strain through a mesh sieve.
- Place the strained raspberries in a blender or food processor.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until it is just bubbly.
- With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the butter.
- Return the mixture to a saucepan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of the raspberry mixture to the egg yolks and blend well.
- Pour the egg yolk and raspberry mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the raspberry mixture.
- Over very low heat, stir until the mixture thickens, about 10 or 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.