Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Ready In: 1 Hr
- 10 egg whites
- 1¼ teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add the extracts.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Sift flour over beaten whites; sprinkle with berries.
- Gently fold flour and raspberries into batter until well mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- bake at 325 °F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry.
- Immediately invert cake pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Nutritional information Edit
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 starch; also, 65 calories, 35 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat.