Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Ready In: 1 Hr
- 10 egg whites
- 1¼ teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add the extracts.
- Gradually beat in sugar until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Sift flour over beaten whites; sprinkle with berries.
- Gently fold flour and raspberries into batter until well mixed.
- Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- bake at 325 °F for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry.
- Immediately invert cake pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Nutritional information Edit
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 starch; also, 65 calories, 35 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 13 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, trace fat.