A fresh high-quality combination of real fruit and cream cheese is made richer and refrigerated to smooth perfection.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen all-butter pound cake (10 ¾ ounces), thawed
- ½ cup prepared lemon curd
- 2 cups raspberries
- 3 tablespoons seedless red-raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- lemon-peel strips for garnish
- chocolate syrup, optional
- Prepare the frosting; in a large bowl, with the mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese, lemon juice, and sugar until smooth.
- Add cream and vanilla, increase speed to high, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate the frosting while assembling the cake.
- Cut the pound cake horizontally into 3 even slices. Place the bottom slice on platter; spread with half of lemon curd. Reserve ½ cup raspberries for garnish.
- Arrange half of the remaining raspberries over lemon curd. Spread 1 side of each remaining pound-cake slice with jam.
- Place 1 pound-cake slice, jam side down, over raspberry-topped cake. Repeat with the remaining lemon curd, raspberries, and pound cake.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of cake. Cover cake loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, garnish cake with lemon peel and reserved raspberries. Use serrated knife to cut cake crosswise into slices. Drizzle with the chocolate syrup, if desired.