Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Latvian potato salad. This is a German- and Russian-inspired recipe, but I think it tastes better than either!
- Serves 6.
Potato salad Edit
- 6 potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 6 pickles (optional)
- 6 pickled beets, or equivalent in sliced pickled beets (optional)
- 1 apple (optional)
Salad dressing Edit
- 3 large dollops of mayonnaise (Hellman's, if possible)
- 1 – 2 large dollops of sour cream
- 1 – 3 tsp mustard
- 1 – 3 tsp vinegar
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Boil potatoes until soft (but not until they are falling apart).
- Hard boil eggs.
- Remove skins from potatoes, and shells from eggs.
- Dice into fairly large chunks (about ½ inch in diameter).
- Dice optional ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Put all diced ingredients into a very large bowl.