Latvian potato salad. This is a German- and Russian-inspired recipe, but I think it tastes better than either!
- Serves 6.
Potato salad Edit
- 6 potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 6 pickles (optional)
- 6 pickled beets, or equivalent in sliced pickled beets (optional)
- 1 apple (optional)
Salad dressing Edit
- 3 large dollops of mayonnaise (Hellman's, if possible)
- 1 – 2 large dollops of sour cream
- 1 – 3 tsp mustard
- 1 – 3 tsp vinegar
- ¼ – ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Boil potatoes until soft (but not until they are falling apart).
- Hard boil eggs.
- Remove skins from potatoes, and shells from eggs.
- Dice into fairly large chunks (about ½ inch in diameter).
- Dice optional ingredients into smaller pieces.
- Put all diced ingredients into a very large bowl.