Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Preparation time: 45 – 55 minutes
- Serves: 4 – 6
- 4 cups of cream milk
- 1 tsp refined flour (maida)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp rose water
- juice of 2 lemons
- Heat the milk to boiling point and add lemon juice for curdling.
- When milk is completely curdled, pour into a muslin cloth and allow to drain.
- When almost dry, press the cloth with a weight and leave to drain further.
- Once the solid chenna (paneer) has been formed, add flour and knead to a soft dough.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Boil sugar and water for 5 minutes to make a syrup and carefully drop balls into the syrup.
- Cook the balls gently in the syrup for 15 minutes.
- Cool and add rose water.
- Serve chilled with the syrup.