- 8 sheets filo pastry
- 12 oz white cheese, (alikawi altishiki) grated
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 egg beaten with a dash of white pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Soak white cheese in water for 1 night.
- Change water occasionally.
- Spread filo pastries.
- Cut in half.
- Place semi-circles over each other.
- Cut in half in order to get triangles.
- Filling: Mix all ingredients except the vegetable oil.
- Put some of the filling in center of the smooth side of filo pastries.
- Fold sides and roll neatly. Brush side with some flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water to seal.
- Fry in hot oil until golden.
- Serve hot with main dishes.