- In a medium saucepan covered with lid, boil first four ingredients for approximately 25 minutes.
- Remove from stove and allow mixture to cool.
- Whip ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Add ¼ cup water. Whip again.
- Return syrup to the saucepan and heat on low to desired temperature. Serve raisin syrup warm.
For a sweeter syrup, replace water in step 4 with ¼ cup any unsweetened fruit juice (try apple, apricot, mango, or pineapple). For a thinner syrup, add more liquid (water or unsweetened fruit juice) after step 7 and blend again.
Make-ahead tip Edit
This syrup can be made ahead and refrigerated up to one month. Reheat to serve.