Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These scones are juicy with raisins, and the tart taste of buttermilk. With all the raisins, these biscuits are a sweet treat even without any toppings or spreads. You can enjoy them all on their own.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. #Cut in butter until mixture is like large crumbs
- Stir in raisins and buttermilk.
- Roll dough into a ball, and knead for a couple of minutes on a floured surface.
- Roll out to 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut out 3-inch triangles and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with egg whites.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 12 scones