Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cakes yeast regular or dry
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 tsp salt
Raisin filling Edit
- Crumble yeast in bowl, add water and sugar stirring till mixture liquifys.
- Blend flour and butter with wire pastry blender.
- Mix well, mix in eggs, salt and yeast.
- Mix until dough is smooth and leaves side of bowl clean.
- Do not let rise.
- Divide into four portions and roll each out in a rectangular shape sprinkled with raisin filling, dribble ¼ cup of melted butter over all and roll up like jelly roll.
- Prick roll with toothpick on top and sides to keep roll from splitting while baking.
- Place in greased baking pans.
- Bake at once in 325°F oven about 30 to 45 minutes or until brown.
- Soak raisins in hot water 5 minutes to soften raisins, drain and pat dry.
- Divide raisins into 4 bowls. One for each rolled strudel.
- To each bowl add a heaping ¼ cup of sugar, and ½ tsp of cinnamon. Toss.
- These cakes can be wrapped in foil and stored in the freezer after they are baked.