Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Makes: 4 Cups (8 Servings)
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten, or ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1½ cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 1½ quart baking dish with non-stick pan spray.
- In a prepared dish, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir gently to mix.
- Set the filled dish in a shallow pan on the middle oven rack.
- Pour hot water into the outer pan to a depth of 1 inch around the baking dish.
- This makes a water bath to cook the pudding slowly.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the pudding comes out clean.
- Remove the dish from the water bath.
- Serve the pudding warm or chilled.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (½ cup):
- Calories: 126 | Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 54 mg | Sodium: 114 mg | Carbohydrate: 24 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 5 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1½ carbohydrate