- Wash rice and put in a 4 quart pan.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and drain.
- Add milk and cook rice until done, stirring often to keep from sticking.
- cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add these to the warm rice with the lemon rind and raisins, blending well.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Put into a well buttered loaf pan, which has been dusted with farina.
- Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes or until set.
- Loosen with knife and invert over a flat plate.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired).