Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dissolve yeast into ½ cup warm water.
- Let stand in a warm place for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the sugar, salt, shortening, egg, raisins, and the rest of the water.
- Sift the flour and begin mixing it into the rest of the ingredients.
- Knead, shape and allow bread mixture to rise in oiled bowl until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down and allow mixture to rise again in the baking pan.
- To bake, place loaf in a cold oven.
- Turn the heat to 400°F.
- After 15 minutes, reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 25 minutes more.
- Remove the loaf at once from the pan and cool on a rack before storing.