Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 cup raisins (dark or golden)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- grated orange rind
- In a saucepan combine the raisins and the apple juice.
- Bring to a boil an cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, egg and vegetable oil together.
- Ad the raisin mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture into a lightly oiled 8 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle on the grated orange rind.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack and cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Edit
Food energy per serving (1/16 of recipe): 76 calories