Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Milk, Evaporated by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 4 cups day-old white bread cubes
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs (or ½ cup egg mix + ½ cup water)
- 1 (13-ounce) can evaporated milk
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- caramel sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 11x7 inch baking dish.
- Combine bread, apple, and raisins in large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl.
- Stir in evaporated milk, apple juice, sugar, and cinnamon; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture, pressing bread into egg mixture; let stand 10 minutes until bread absorbs liquid.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set and apples are tender.
- Serve with warm caramel sauce.