Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 4 servings
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup oat bran hot cereal, uncooked
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 dash salt, optional
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until thickened.
- Serve with skim milk and sugar or with a sugar substitute, if desired.
- Microwave directions: in a 2-cup microwavable bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Microwave on high 2 minutes 30 seconds, or until cereal begins to thicken; stir.
- Serve with skim milk and sugar, or sugar substitute, if desired.
- You can also substitute other dried fruits: apricots, cranberries, blueberries, etc.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 60 | Fat 0g | Carbs 14g | Sodium 160mg | Fiber 1g