Good with hot or cold ham or ham sandwiches.
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 whole cloves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1.In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
2.Stir in apple juice, raisins, cinnamon, and cloves.
3.Cook and stir these ingredients for 10 minutes until thickened.
4.Remove the cloves and discard. Add butter or margarine. Serve hot.
- Apple Juice, Canned, Unsweetened by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe