Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Ketchum Estate in Texarkana, Texas in 1991. Notation on card indicates this is a family favorite and was made in huge batches when Apples were plentiful. Date and source unknown. All of the recipes in the Ketchum collection appear to go back to the very early 1900's.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Â½ cake of yeast dissolved in warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup Apple, pared and granted
- 1 cup flour sifted with Â½ teaspoon baking soda
- Scald milk.
- Add Sugar and butter.
- Let cool.
- Add yeast, salt and flour.
- Let rise for 1 hour in warm place.
- Add Apple and flour mixture.
- Let rise for one hour.
- Shape into two flat cakes.
- Let them double their bulk baked in 375 oven.
- Split while hot and butter.