Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 200 gms slivered almonds
- 200 gms shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 small cardamoms
- ½ teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons orange peel cut into strips
- Assorted food colours, red, yellow etc.
- Soak the rice for 1 ½ hours.
- Boil the rice on medium heat until 3/4 cooked.
- Drain rice and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pot and heat on medium heat.
- Layer one layer of rice, then one layer of Sugar, coconut and then orange peel.
- Repeat layers then cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- When rice is done, add a few drops of the food colouring.
- Mix and serve.
- Before serving garnish with slivered almonds.