Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the O'Banion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1984. Notation on paper indicates this is a family favorite and comes from the 1941 Purity Cookbooks. I took these to last year's cookie exchange and they were a huge hit. This is a very pretty cookie, great for gift giving.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Â½ pound dates, chopped
- Â½ cup glazed cherries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups corn flakes
- Â½ cup granulated sugar
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Combine dates, cherries, walnuts, cornflakes and Sugar.
- Add to egg white mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 preheated oven for 15 minutes.