Purchased from the O'Banion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1984. Notation on paper indicates this is a family favorite and comes from the 1941 Purity Cookbooks. I took these to last year's cookie exchange and they were a huge hit. This is a very pretty cookie, great for gift giving.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Â½ pound dates, chopped
- Â½ cup glazed cherries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups corn flakes
- Â½ cup granulated sugar
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Combine dates, cherries, walnuts, cornflakes and Sugar.
- Add to egg white mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 325 preheated oven for 15 minutes.