This Salvadorean condiment resembling cole slaw is customarily paired with pupusas.
- 24 small red radishes
- 1/2 pound about, finely chopped
- 12 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicharrones (fried Pork rinds), finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Seville (bitter) orange juice, or use two-thirds orange juice to one-third lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and serve as a salad first course.
- If possible, use a Latin American type of chicharron, as it is more flavorful.