Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Darlene in BC via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 rabbits, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper.
- Place olive oil in skillet and brown rabbit.
- Remove meat and drain on paper towel.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet.
- Sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in enough flour to make a paste.
- Blend in broth, sherry and tarragon.
- Return rabbit to skillet.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Baste meat frequently for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Remove rabbit to serving platter and keep warm in oven.
- Strain and degrease sauce, discarding vegetables.
- Return remaining sauce to skillet and add cream.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add mustard and parsley.
- Pour sauce over rabbit and serve.