Contributed by Darlene in BC via Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 rabbits, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cans chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- Season rabbit with salt and pepper.
- Place olive oil in skillet and brown rabbit.
- Remove meat and drain on paper towel.
- Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet.
- Sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in enough flour to make a paste.
- Blend in broth, sherry and tarragon.
- Return rabbit to skillet.
- Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Baste meat frequently for 45 – 60 minutes.
- Remove rabbit to serving platter and keep warm in oven.
- Strain and degrease sauce, discarding vegetables.
- Return remaining sauce to skillet and add cream.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add mustard and parsley.
- Pour sauce over rabbit and serve.