- This recipe is for 4 servings
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the rabbit pieces until they are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a flameproof casserole.
- In the oil remaining in the pan, adding a little more if necessary, saute the onions and garlic until the onions are softened.
- Add to the casserole.
- Pour the wine into the skillet and scrape up all the brown bits.
- Pour into the casserole.
- Add the orange juice to the casserole and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the rabbit is tender, about 1½ hours.
- Transfer the rabbit pieces to a serving dish and keep them warm.
- Work the flour and butter into a paste.
- Add it to the liquid in the casserole and cover over low heat, stirring, until it is lightly thickened.
- Beat ½ cup of the sauce into the eggs, then pour the eggs into the casserole, stirring constantly.
- Do not let the sauce come to a boil, as it will curdle.
- Pour the sauce over the rabbit and sprinkle with the egg and parsley.
- Serve with rice, potatoes or noodles, and a green vegetable.