Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar or American cheese
- 2/3 cup milk (made with nonfat dry milk)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Stir in rice, Cheese, milk, honey, butter and egg just until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Run knife around edge to loosen; immediately remove from pan. Serve warm.