Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beet Soup - Serves 6
- 12 large beets
- 2 pounds short ribs
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- sour cream
- Wash the beets and scrape but do not peel them.
- Cut beets into small chunks.
- Place in a kettle with the remaining ingredients, except to sour cream.
- Cover with water, put a lid on the kettle and simmer 2½ hours over low heat.
- Strain through a sieve or colander.
- Serve cold with a topping of sour cream.